I
wish I could see you one more time
wish I could see you one more time
To
remember you as a friend
remember you as a friend
For
use to settle our differences
use to settle our differences
To
understand or at least try
understand or at least try
Why
we acted the way we did
we acted the way we did
To
let good thoughts be
let good thoughts be
The
last thing we remember of each other
last thing we remember of each other
Healing
to replace the bad feelings
to replace the bad feelings
It
is hard to let go of the confusion
is hard to let go of the confusion
That
drove us a part
drove us a part
I
see milestones in my life
see milestones in my life
Events
that have shaped who I am
that have shaped who I am
Time
that heed warm and comfort
that heed warm and comfort
Even
for just a short while
for just a short while
A
special time when I believed in us
special time when I believed in us
I
search daily for a place to rest
search daily for a place to rest
Where
months and years would not show on my face
months and years would not show on my face
I
still look over my shoulder at the past
still look over my shoulder at the past
And
wonder if you even remember me
wonder if you even remember me
I
look at my new baby
look at my new baby
Sleeping
peacefully in my arms
peacefully in my arms
I
know I have the real thing
know I have the real thing
The
gold and love in a small babe
gold and love in a small babe
To
have someone promise me
have someone promise me
forever
love unconditionally
love unconditionally
yes
it is time to stop grieving for the past
it is time to stop grieving for the past
and
move on with out you
move on with out you
yes
it is hard to let go
it is hard to let go
but
new memories need to be made.
new memories need to be made.
No comments:
Post a Comment