gone
a wandering
a wandering
oh
yes, I have gone a wandering
yes, I have gone a wandering
through
the corners of my mind
the corners of my mind
its
a daily travel down the path of this
life traveler
a daily travel down the path of this
life traveler
just
another life in time
another life in time
peering
through windows of time
through windows of time
in
my cobwebbed mind
my cobwebbed mind
floating
down the river of memories
down the river of memories
trying
to grasp just a few moments
to grasp just a few moments
of
each day
each day
I
did not see through the eyes of tomorrow
did not see through the eyes of tomorrow
because
I could not get past today
I could not get past today
I
see trails of memories
see trails of memories
as
I experienced each
I experienced each
it jumps in and throws itself in the corner
piling
itself with the others
itself with the others
my
how the pile seems to get bigger
how the pile seems to get bigger
and never shrinking
I
see that I am alone
see that I am alone
again,
still
still
gee,
am I lost? where did everyone go
am I lost? where did everyone go
why
am I alone?
am I alone?
I
hear their laughter, the music
hear their laughter, the music
but
I see no one, I am alone
I see no one, I am alone
as
far as they can see
far as they can see
the
ear hears nothing
ear hears nothing
the
heart listens intently to no one there
heart listens intently to no one there
no
I have not chose to be just like them
I have not chose to be just like them
I
have chosen to go my way
have chosen to go my way
cut
my own path in the world
my own path in the world
I
have not chosen to go it alone
have not chosen to go it alone
I
was abandoned
was abandoned
I
trod onward and continue to grow
trod onward and continue to grow
seeking
out this lady that lives with in
out this lady that lives with in
not
just the mom and friend
just the mom and friend
but
the tender woman, soft adventurous
the tender woman, soft adventurous
wandering
through the corners of my mind
through the corners of my mind
peering
into windows
into windows
to
see if she has come home...
see if she has come home...
Thank
God for a new chance at life to create change.
God for a new chance at life to create change.
this
life in time God granted a child and survival of cancer
life in time God granted a child and survival of cancer
may
she (my child) never truly understand
she (my child) never truly understand
what
my childhood was all about.
my childhood was all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment