sometimes
in my life
in my life
I
am reacquainted with a part of me
am reacquainted with a part of me
That
I miss from time to time
I miss from time to time
When
my legs wouldn’t carry me very far
my legs wouldn’t carry me very far
And my arms would not endure heavy loads
When
my heart sings along with Bert and Ernie
my heart sings along with Bert and Ernie
The
part of me that still loves cookies and milk
part of me that still loves cookies and milk
Coloring
with crayons
with crayons
One
who the size of the world overwhelmed
who the size of the world overwhelmed
I
saw it as awesome
saw it as awesome
And
grown ups as giants
grown ups as giants
One
who was innocent
who was innocent
Who
did not know words like
did not know words like
Prejudice,
stereo-typing and apposition
stereo-typing and apposition
But
now as a grown woman
now as a grown woman
With
an active inner child
an active inner child
Who
struggles with adulthood
struggles with adulthood
I
truly understand
truly understand
There
is not much difference
is not much difference
Between
a grown up child and a childish adult
a grown up child and a childish adult
For
I am both
I am both
No comments:
Post a Comment